I have a home concrete project, how do I find the right concrete contractor in my area? What do I look for in hiring a concrete service company locally?
No matter if it’s a set of concrete stairs, sidewalk, patio, or driveway, finding a reputable professional company can be hard, especially with the price of concrete these days, and going with the cheapest concrete contractors price is not always the best option, so here is a few things to look out for when hiring a contractor in Calgary Alberta.
Make sure you get to meet with the contractor beforehand and gauge a sense of trust and experience is paramount.
Ask questions like:
- Is the sub-base compacted enough to support the weight of the slab to prevent future damage
- Find a company that offers a warranty with their workmanship
- Ask for references from similar jobs and a detailed plan of what the job involves and the concrete services they provide in the quotation are.
- Compare prices between different companies, and if there is a difference ask why and how would that affect the quality of work in the long run.
- Don’t be afraid to ask a contractor why you should go with them over another contractor with a similar quotation, it’s a great way to see how you can get a better product or save money on getting your concrete work done.